—Mark Twain, 1887
Critically edited texts based on the original manuscripts:
- Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 1 (printed 2010 UC Press, online 2010 MTPO), with Web-only textual apparatus (HTML | PDF)
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (printed 2003 UC Press, online 2009 MTPO), with all the original illustrations
- Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer among the Indians, and Other Unfinished Stories (printed 1989 UC Press, online 2009 MTPO)
- Roughing It
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
- Notebooks & Journals, volumes 1–3
- Early Tales & Sketches, volumes 1–2
Click above on a title that is online now. Rich editorial material accompanies each text, including detailed historical notes, glossaries, maps, and documentary appendixes, which record the author's revisions as well as unauthorized textual variations.
Available Searches [ How to Search ]
- Search individual texts of Mark Twain's works, including annotation and other scholarly resources.
- Search the texts of Letters from 1853–1880 for references to the Writings.
- Cross-reference existing print volumes by using the “Go to Page” function.
The Mark Twain Project's editions of the writings are established using the earliest relevant sources and the holdings of the Mark Twain Papers collection at The Bancroft Library. The goal is to produce accurate, fully annotated texts that come as close as possible to realizing Mark Twain's intentions. Now MTPO makes these texts accessible in new ways.
Most of these texts have been digitized from the Mark Twain Project's printed volumes. Although every effort has been made to ensure accurate conversion, errors do persist. MTPO searches out and corrects these errors, and welcomes input from users.